Kaspersky Antivirus For Mac is an Antivirus Software for Mac created by Kaspersky Lab ZAO.
Product summary of Kaspersky Antivirus for Mac
So far, there haven't been many antivirus products released for the Mac operating system. This is largely due to the fact that there haven't been many virus threats to the operating system. But as more and more threats are discovered, consumers are beginning to realize the importance of a good antivirus software. One of the few names that have released an antivirus program for Mac is Symantec, the name behind the popular antivirus brand Norton. Norton Antivirus for Mac is one of the top-selling antivirus solutions. In this review, we'll take a look at what makes it a great product.
Major Features of Kaspersky Antivirus for Mac
- Core protection - Get protection from one of the industry-leading names. Kaspersky Anti-Virus protects, scans, and removes viruses, worms, Trojans, and bots from your Mac. Any time you access, download, or save files on your Mac operating system, the software will scan them to ensure that no threats are present. On top of that, Kaspersky also ensures that you are protected from new and unknown threats.
- Fully automated updates - Have you ever struggled to keep your software up-to-date? This won't be a problem with Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac, because the software automatically checks for and installs updates as needed. This ensures that you computer has the best protection with updated databases and the latest software versions.
- Internet and network security - You are protected around the clock from any Internet and network threats that may come your way. The software scans files to ensure they aren't some form of malware that can harm your system.
- Email protection - Email messages and attachments are scanned in real-time to ensure that you are safe from the many threats that come through e-mail.
- Kaspersky self-protection - Now what good would anti-virus security be if the program itself wasn't protected? This software has self-protection measures to ensure that it doesn't get disabled, attacked, or altered without your authorization.
The Interface of Kaspersky Antivirus for MAC
The Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac interface is very sleek. It features a design that goes well with the Mac interface. All of the information you need to know, including scan processes, statistics, and database information, are readily available from the main interface. You can also easily tell if your computer is well-protected or if there are threats that need your attention. The only drawback to the software is that it may take a little time to get used to navigating it. Otherwise, this is a well-designed interface that is easy to get used to.
Kaspersky for Mac Installation and system requirements
Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac can run on systems that have Mac OS version 10.4.11, nicknamed "Tiger," or higher. The minimum system requirements to run this software include an Intel processor, 512MB of RAM, and 80MB of free hard disk space. You will also need an Internet connection to activate and update the product and its services. You can get this antivirus software for your Mac at $59.95, a premium that already includes a 1-year subscription.