AVG Internet Security is an Internet Security Software for windows created by AVG Technologies.
Product summary of AVG Internet Security
Protecting your computer from all of the threats out there in the computer world is quite a daunting task. Not only do you have to worry about viruses and malware, but you also have to be concerned about hacker attacks, phishing risks, identity theft, and other unforeseen threats. If you want to give your computer all-around protection from all of these threats, then one of the best products in the market right now is AVG Internet Security. This piece of software is meant to protect you and your computer no matter what you're doing, whether it be browsing the Internet, shopping online, banking and financing, downloading and exchanging files, or simply having a nice chat with your friends. Check out what the AVG Internet Security software suite has to offer in this review.
Major Features of AVG Internet Security
- Anti-virus and anti-spyware protection - The anti-virus and anti-spyware protection, perhaps the most basic feature of this software, helps you remove and scan for viruses, spyware, and adware effectively.
- Anti-spam - If you've ever had a bad case of e-mail spam, then you know what a hassle spam can be. AVG Internet Security has a regularly updated database that can help you detect and manage spam.
- Online shield - The online shield protects you while you're online, keeping you safe from common threats that you might encounter while surfing the web, chatting with friends, doing social networking, download files, or exchanging data with others.
- AVG Identity Protection - The Identity Protection feature ensures that your private information is safe at all times. It shields your credit card numbers, passwords, and other forms of private information from common threats such as hacker attacks or other infiltration attempts.
- Enhanced firewall - The firewall is one of your first lines of defense against hacker attacks. The enhanced firewall protection that you get from AVG Internet Security keeps your computer safe from unwanted visitors.
Interface of AVG Internet Security
The AVG Internet Security software suite makes use of the same interface that you will find on other AVG products. The best part about the Internet Security interface, however, is that it gives you full and unbridled access to all of the features, tools, and services you can find, whereas other AVG versions may have some features blocked off. Easy to use, a cinch to navigate, and very user-friendly, the AVG Internet Security interface is simple and effective at the same time.
AVG Internet Security Installation and system requirements
AVG Internet Security is compatible with most of the recent versions of the Microsoft Windows operating system, which include Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7. The minimum system requirements include an Intel Pentium 1.5GHz processor, 512MB of RAM, and 390MB of free hard drive space. To purchase the software, you will have to pay $54.99, which gives you a 1-year subscription to its services. Once you've paid for the tool and service, all you have to do is download, install, register, and configure the software and you're all set. Overall, AVG Internet Security is a great piece of software that can give you umbrella protection.