AVG Antivirus is an Antivirus Software for Windows Computers by publisher by AVG Technologies.
Product summary of AVG Antivirus
AVG has become one of the most well-known names in the industry for antivirus and Internet security software. One of the brand's most popular pieces of software is called AVG Antivirus, which is a step up from the most basic AVG Free Antivirus software. What makes AVG Antivirus such a great piece of software is that it does what it's supposed to do, protecting your computer from harmful viruses, spyware, and other types of malware. If you are looking for good computer protection without having to spend loads on a complete Internet security suite, then this is one of the best choices out there. Read on to learn more about AVG Antivirus, its features, and how you can get a hold of a copy.
Major Features of AVG Antivirus
- AVG's anti-virus and anti-spyware protection - This is the core of the software and it protects your computer from contracting and spreading viruses, Trojan horses, and worms. (included in free version)
- AVG LinkScanner - LinkScanner is a technology developed by AVG and it ensures your safety while browsing through the Internet. (included in free version)
- Online Shield - The Online Shield scans files that you download or exchange with others to ensure that they are safe.
- Advanced Anti-Rootkit protection - This is an advanced protection feature that helps to keep hidden threats at bay.
- Game Mode - A handy feature for gamers or anyone who doesn't want to get interrupted by nagging antivirus warnings.
- Phishing protection - Phishing is a common Internet threat these days and this feature ensures that you are safe from phishing threats.
- Technical support - Unlike the free version, AVG Antivirus gives you access to technical support any time you're in need.
Interface of AVG Antivirus
One of the best things about AVG Antivirus is its interface. The interface is clean and simple, making it easy to navigate and use. In fact, practically anyone who has a basic knowledge of computers can make full use of this product's features and services. Features, tools, services, options, and settings are all easily accessible from the main panel of the software.
AVG Antivirus Installation and system requirements
AVG Antivirus is compatible with most Windows operating systems, including Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and 7. The minimum system requirements for AVG Antivirus include the following:
- Intel Pentium 1.5GHz processor
- 512MB of RAM
- 350MB of free hard disk space
All you have to do to get AVG Antivirus installed on your computer is to pay for the premium, download the product, install it, and register it with AVG. The current cost for AVG Antivirus is $34.99 for a 1-year subscription for a single computer.
Overall, AVG Antivirus is a capable and well-designed piece of security software that would be great for computers at home or in the office. AVG Antivirus is sure to protect your computer from a wide variety of threats, especially in comparison to the relatively feature-gimped AVG Free version of the software. Be sure to read a little more about the software on their site before you actually decide on purchasing it.