Pinnacle Studio HD Ultimate is a Video Editing Software for Windows created by Avid Technology, Inc.
Product summary of Pinnacle Studio HD Ultimate
Pinnacle Studio Ultimate is a video editing software that is designed to cater to the needs of beginners and professionals alike. Created by Pinnacle Systems, Inc., Pinnacle Studio comes in three versions, Studio HD, Studio HD Ultimate, and Studio HD Ultimate Collection. The Ultimate Collection version has the most features and the largest tool set out of the Studio group, making it a powerful video editing suite for any level of video production. If you are looking for a video editing software with wide-range features for capturing, editing, and publishing your videos, you may want to consider getting Pinnacle Studio HD Ultimate Collection.
Pinnacle Studio HD Ultimate System Requirements
Pinnacle Studio Ultimate runs on various versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista. To run Studio Ultimate smoothly, it is recommended that you have an Intel Pentium HT, AMD Athlon 2.4GHz, or a 1.6GHz Dual Core processor. For AVCHD editing in 1440x1080 resolution, you will need to have an Intel Core2Duo 2.4GHz processor or better, while 1920x1080 resolution editing will require an Intel Core2Quad 2.66GHz processor or better. At least 1GB of RAM is required for regular editing, while AVCHD editing requires at least 2GB RAM. To take full advantage of all of the Pinnacle Studio Ultimate features, you will need a graphics card that is DirectX 9 or 10 compatible, with at least 256MB memory. Your sound card will also need to be DirectX 9 or 10 compatible. Finally, a DVD-ROM drive is required for disc installations, Blu-ray burner for creating Blu-ray discs and at least 3GB of hard drive space is needed to accommodate this. Various capture, output, and burning hardware may be required, depending on your usage.
Features of Pinnacle Studio HD Ultimate
What sets Pinnacle Studio HD Ultimate apart from the other versions of Pinnacle Studio is its professional video tools and added features. Boris Graffiti allows you to create animations for titles and graphics, while Magic Bullet Looks provides a collection of film styles that can help set the mood for your production. ProDAD VitaScene gives users extra options for effects such as glows, lighting, film styles, and color matching. Ultimate also has the ability to edit and burn HD formats and encode in Dolby 5.1 sound. Finally, this software comes with a free green screen for use with Chroma Key and other features.
- Studio HD Ultimate also includes the full feature set of the Studio Pro and basic versions of Pinnacle Studio, including:
- Pinnacle Montage – a layout and formatting tool that allows users to combine, view, and publish multiple videos within a single screen
- Themes and templates – albums, seasons, video walls, and other themes and templates to help give productions a professional touch
- Multi-layer effects – Chroma Key, Picture-in-Picture, and A/B editing, and other multi-layer effects
- 2D and 3D motion graphics – the key-frame technology for the creation of smooth and creative 2D and 3D motion graphics, effects, and transitions
- Motion titling, plus exciting new title designs, DVD menus, effects and Montage themes*
- Use stop-motion capture for amazing animations and fast-motion effects*
- Fluid image stabilization technology from Avid® used in major motion pictures*
- Dolby Digital® 5.1 Sound
- Share straight to Blu-ray, HD DVD, DVD, YouTube (with wide-screen export)*, the web, MP3 sound files and more
- Scorefitter – a music generator for adding the perfect soundtrack to your productions
- Export movies for Flash, QuickTime, improved AVCHD*, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Xbox and more
- Add Hollywood-style animations and transitions with over 80 Montage Themes
- (*) New to Studio
User Interface of Pinnacle Studio HD Ultimate
Pinnacle Systems, Inc. is known for creating video editing software with an interface that is simple and easy to use, and Pinnacle Studio HD Ultimate is no different. This software still makes use of the three-step, tabbed interface that was popularized by Pinnacle to make it easy to navigate the program and find useful tools. In fact, Pinnacle even has a number of how-to animations and videos to help users learn about the interface, tools, features, and options of Studio HD Ultimate.